Katharine McPhee




Last year’s American Idol runner-up, Katharine gave millions of guys a reason to tune into the hit show. This year she returned with a sexier look and a self-titled debut album that sold over 100,000 copies in its first week.





Biography for Katharine McPhee

Date of Birth
25 March 1984, Los Angeles, California, USA

Birth Name
Katharine Hope McPhee

Nickname
Kat

Height
5' 7" (1.70 m)





Trivia

Daughter of singer and vocal coach, Peisha Arten.

Lives in California.

Roommates with fellow idol contestant Kellie Pickler.

She sang "Since I Fell for You", "All in Love is Fair", and "Think to advance to the top 12 of American Idol.

Her father's name is Daniel.

Her older sister's name is Adrianna.

Attended Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks and the Boston Conservatory of Music.

Her fans are known as "The Kat Pack" and "McPhans".

She performs the song "Think", originally sung by Aretha Franklin, on the "American Idol" top 12 CD.

She came in second place on May 24, 2006, next to "American Idol: The Search for a Superstar" (2002) season 5 winner Taylor Hicks.

Her hit single is "My Destiny", to be released on June 20, 2006.

She won a car during the American Idol finale. It was a black Ford Mustang.

She has a goddaughter who was born during her run in Hollywood.

Attended high school with Rachel Bilson.

She released her own version of "Over The Rainbow" along with her hit single, "My Destiny".

In the opening dates of "The American Idol Tour 2006", she suffered bronchitis, laryngitis, and broke her foot before an August 1 concert date.

Has a Chihuahua named Nina.

Ranked #47 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.





Personal Quotes

On coming second to Taylor Hicks: "I don't need sad faces or anyone to feel bad for me. I have got a record deal, pretty much. It wasn't about winning the title, I just wanted to give the best performance I could".

"When I made it onto American Idol, I knew that food - my eating disorder - was the one thing really holding me back. I was binging my whole life away for days at a time. So when I got on the show, I said, 'You know what? I can do well in this competition. Let me give myself a chance and just get a hold of this thing.' . . . That's why I say American Idol saved my life, because if I hadn't auditioned I don't think I would have gotten a handle on food."


















100 Sexiest Women

No comments: